The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

Esta semana tendremos mas detalles de este juego, se sabe que saldria pa todo en el 2021 y el protagonista es gollum… si gollum

The-Lord-of-the-Rings-Gollum-

quien desarrolla el juego?

me tinca que será otro juego genérico de mundo abierto lleno de lootboxes. :clint:

Finished the article earlier. I’m excited for the team and the game sounds cool but a few aspects gave me pause.

it’s a stealth action adventure. Sounds like Uncharted’s mobility and platforming mixed with TLOU’s stealth

implied there’s no active combat but there is stealth, stealth kills etc. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is mixed up somehow

no RPG elements. Gollum/Smeagol have been around for three hundred years, the team felt his skillset/abilities are pretty well locked in

targeting AAA animation quality. Gollum alone has hundreds of animations

seemingly has multiple paths through levels

very narrative driven. Not an open world thing or a big sandbox thing - it’s more a tight, nuanced journey through a world

we will be able to engage with characters (from randos trying to escape the prison, to side characters from the novels and some series classics - unsure if we can engage with the latter)

takes place in Sauron’s massive underground prison fortress, opens with Gollum trying to escape it. I forget all the names

you have to escape and survive, possibly with the help of other prisoners you encounter

Gollum’s character is very important - more importantly the friction between Gollum and Smeagol, who are like two entities in the one body. They will both be talking simultaneously, arguing - and the gameplay, choices and story will reflect how the two of them are in conflict but also symbiotically supporting each other

the game has many “branching points” in the middle of gameplay where there are two options (e.g. ambush an unsuspecting orc or go past him and make a run for it) and the game has some kind of strange QTE minigame where you try to follow either what Gollum would do (predatory/animalistic) or Smeagol would do (cowardly but more human(e)). It’s something akin to “drawing a card from a deck, the cards being slid around a table in front of you”. This one I’m not sure about.

seems to be split into multiple chapters/acts, each with several big conflicts/tension points

Context:

the Middle Earth IP owners were impressed that the team came to them not with An Orc Slaying Game but with A Cool Story Bro, and this fact alone got their foot in the door. But negotiations still took years

it’s a bit of a departure for Daedelic but they’ve brought a bunch of new staff on board. The article is mostly an interview - they seem very self-assured about the game and their process

Visuals:

visually, it’s a new stylistic interpretation of the universe and characters. Not based on the films or cartoons - trying to break free of the film’s shackles. It’s based on the literature and early post-novel illustrations, combined with modern fantasy art/styl sensibilities

tons of concept art in the article - literally no screens except very rough renders.

They aren’t showing off Gollum yet, but say he’s not too like the movie and is more recognisably human. Talk about how bizarre he was in the early illustrations because there was no size reference in the books - he could technically be a giant

in terms of next-gen elements, they say it’s most exciting in terms of allowing the level designers to keep environments visually open and vertical - no need to funnel players into tiny spaces/roadblocks to load the next area from the HDD

Suena bien pero amazon games creo que era, no iba a hacer un juego o era la serie? Ni idea :risaql:

tan haciendo un mmporg lei por ahi